Saturday, January 28, 2017

Meet the Fockers

I'll admit it (and make no apologies for it), I was snickering and laughing throughout most of "Meet the Fockers", though it broke no new ground for comedies, the characters of Bernie and Roz Focker found new ways to truly embarrass the living hell out of Greg in front of his prospective new in-laws and wife, and that was pretty funny stuff.

Of course, Jack (De Niro) got a lot of screen time since he is the retired CIA guy who still doesn't trust this impending union between his daughter Pam and Greg. There are a few gags that are spoiled by the trailers, but there are other bits that are funny as well.

Is it funnier than the first film, I'm not sure, but Bernie Focker (Hoffman) did crack me up a lot. It's a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

I give it 2.75 stars or a grade of B-.

No comments: