Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol season 7 - Top 6 finalists

Syesha Mercado - "One Rock-n-Roll too Many" Didn't care for the song, but she sounded pretty strong thorughout the performance, but if she had more lower registers to her voice, it might have sounded better, provided more grit to the song.

Jason Castro - "Memories" I want to stuff socks in my ears after listening to Jason's wispy performance. Ugh.

Brooke White - "You Must Love Me" Didn't love it. It started out really rocky, but I just never thought she really knew the song well enough to fake it.

David Archuleta - "Think of Me" He did all right with his spin of the song, and it almost sounded contemporary, but he's got that soothing glaze to his vocals that makes his songs sound pleasant and warm.

Carly Smithson - "Jesus Christ Superstar" I thought the backing vocals sounded better than Carly. Her vocals just sounded too thin to me, plus she's still trying to win us over with her power screams/vocals that do nothing for me.

David Cook - "Music of the Night" Pretty weak start, and had some problems with the melody, and basically framed his performance around 2 long notes. Not one of my favorites of his performances this season.


----------------

Rankings

Enjoyable
Syesha Mercado
David Archuleta

Could have been better
David Cook

Under-performed
Carly Smithson

Once was enough
Jason Castro
Brooke White

I think or Jason Castro or Brooke White is going home.

No comments: