Tuesday, April 29, 2008

American Idol season 7 - Top 5 finalists

Round 1:

Jason Castro - "Forever in Blue Jeans" Dull, boring, weak.

David Cook - "I'm Alive" A typical performance, not great, not horrible, just serviceable.

Brooke White - "I'm a Believer" Such a cheery performance, but nothing too vocally challenging.

David Archuleta - "Sweet Carolina" Yet another safe vocal, but it wasn't all that memorable.

Syesha Mercado - "Hello Again" I'm grateful there is someone left who can carry a melody, though the song was so-so.

Round 2:

Jason Castro - "September Morn" wake me up when he's done, that was brutally boring.

David Cook - "All I Really Need is You" A sappy song, but it was a good vocal.

Brooke White - "I Said I Am" a better effort from Brooke, but nothing truly outstanding on this song.

David Archuleta - "America" the lyrics are too repetitive, makes his vocals drone on and on, not a good song voice, but ended well.

Syesha Mercado - "Thanks the Lord for the Night Time" At least she's comfortable moving around the stage (no one else left can do it as well as Syesha).


----------------

Rankings

Enjoyable
Syesha

Solid but could have been better
David Cook
David Archuleta

Under-performed
Brooke White

Once was enough
Jason

I think or Jason Castro is going home.

No comments: